Have you tried laser hair removal and not been thrilled with the results? The fact is laser hair removal is not the ideal solution for everyone. We know the key factors that make treating unwanted body hair successful for our patients.
- First: The quality and type of equipment used.
- Second: The experience level of the clinician treating you.
- Third and most important: Honesty about what kind of results you can expect, based on your hair’s reaction to laser in conjunction with your skin type and tone.
You may or may not be a good candidate for laser hair removal. If you not, don’t worry! We offer alternative solutions.
About Laser Hair Removal
Factors such as age, ethnicity, medications, and hormone levels influence our body’s hair appearance. These factors affect the length, coarseness, and color of our body hair. Laser technology offers a permanent and safe solution to eliminating or reducing unwanted or excessive hair.
Essentially Bare uses FDA approved lasers from Lumenis. We have used these lasers confidently over the last 20 years, providing thousands of treatments successfully. We feel these are the best lasers on the market for any type of permanency in hair removal. This viewpoint is expressed by physicians nationwide, see article in RealSelf.
Welcoming & Inclusive
Locally-Owned & Operated
Over the past 20 years – since this technology became available to consumers for cosmetic purposes – we have successfully treated more than 10,000 patients for unwanted body hair. Essentially Bare treats men and woman, all body parts and skin types. A complimentary consultation is required to determine whether you are a good candidate for laser hair removal. If the hair is too fair and there is not enough contrast between the hair and skin pigment, laser will not be effective in eliminating unwanted hair. Darker hair on darker skin tones can be treated with our lasers, but with realistic expectation that the hair will be reduced, not eliminated. Hair may grow back more slowly, and laser can successfully treat folliculitis barbae.
Over the years, we have seen many patients who were either treated with the wrong or substandard equipment (IPL or equipment from unknown manufacturers), or the med spa under-treated the patient. In many cases, re-treatment is successful. However, if the hair is thinned (indicating too many sessions at too low of a fluence), permanent elimination no longer possible. In these cases, we recommend using electrolysis to treat the fine hairs. Electrolysis is offered in our Cambridge office, and through our affiliate offices. We also offer dermaplaning for very fine facial hair growth.
Laser Equipment Makes a Difference – We Trust Lumenis™
Laser Hair Removal LumenisWe use the most advanced laser systems from Lumenis™, a pioneer in the field of laser aesthetics, and highly respected in the medical industry worldwide for quality and effectiveness in treating unwanted hair across the hair and skin tone spectrum.
Our suite of lasers includes the Lumenis™ Lightsheer Diode and the Lumenis™ DESIRE with vacuum assisted high-speed integrated technology (HIT™). This technology allows patients to experience minimal discomfort. DESIRE was awarded the Core 77 design award for commercial equipment.
These Class 4 medical devices from Lumenis deliver the best results in removing unwanted hair. We do not use IPL (pulsed light-based device) for hair removal, as we do not believe this technology is best suited for the treatment of removing unwanted hair and permanently eliminate chronic ingrown hairs. Additionally, we can treat all skin types.
Our Policy on Package Deals for Laser Hair Removal
Before you sign on for “unlimited treatments” or big, discounted packages, call us. No one can predict how many treatments will be required to eliminate your unwanted hair. Everyone reacts differently to laser treatments. Because of this we do not presell unlimited or volume packages. We may offer you a discounted price for 3 treatments. This is the average number of sessions our patients require to see substantial hair reduction results. We follow this with further discounts based on a case-by-case basis.
Our goal is to treat you quickly and effectively. Many of our patients return to us to treat other areas for laser hair removal or for our advanced skin services. We want satisfied patients. As a locally owned and operated business, we truly value your business and referrals.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Laser hair removal is generally considered a safe and effective procedure when performed by a qualified and experienced technician or medical professional.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Precise targeting: Laser hair removal works by directing a concentrated beam of light at hair follicles, which are selectively absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The laser is designed to target only the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin and tissue unharmed.
- Minimal damage to surrounding tissue: Unlike traditional hair removal methods such as waxing or shaving, laser hair removal does not cause trauma to the skin or hair follicle. This reduces the risk of infection and scarring, and also means that there is minimal downtime after the procedure.
- Safe technology: Laser hair removal devices are designed with safety features such as cooling mechanisms that help to protect the skin and prevent overheating or burns.
- Trained professionals: Laser hair removal should only be performed by qualified professionals who have received specialized training in the use of laser devices. Our team will be able to assess your skin type and hair color to determine the most appropriate settings for your treatment, and will also be able to monitor your skin for any adverse reactions.
- FDA approval: Laser hair removal devices have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for safe use in hair removal treatments. This means that they have undergone rigorous testing to ensure their safety and effectiveness.
"They always make an effort to build personal relationships with their clients, and as a trans woman, I've never felt anything but fully supported by their whole team."Sierra M.
"Love Essentially Bare! I have been here three times now and have had fantastic results!"Alexandra S.
"At Essentially Bare you will find knowledgeable people who are not only great at what they do but who are also compassionate and extremely flexible."Julia K.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our team is here to help. Complete our form or contact us today at (617) 876-1500.